How to configure Zitadel OAuth login in Bold BI
Create a new project
Please refer to the following documentation and create a new project if needed. Otherwise, you can create a new application in the default project.
Create a new OAuth application
Please follow the below steps to create a new application.
- Click the New option to create application.
- Enter the application name and select the type of application as Web.
- Select the Authentication method as Code.
- Please enter the redirect URI.
Review the application configuration and create.
Once the application is created, client id and secret will be shown in a popup. Copy the information and save them in a secret place since you can’t get the same client secret next time.
Zitadel OAuth Endpoints
Use the following endpoint to get the required endpoints to configure Bold BI.
- Authorize Endpoint: https://your-zitadel-domain/oauth/v2/authorize
- Token Endpoint: https://your-zitadel-domain/oauth/v2/token
- Userinfo Endpoint: https://your-zitadel-domain/oidc/v1/userinfo
Configure Zitadel in Bold BI
- Please open https://your-domain/ums/administration/sso?view=oauth-settings or navigate to Settings -> Authentication -> OAuth 2.0.
- Configure the following values.
- Provider Name - Name of the OAuth provider.
- Provider Logo - Upload your logo.
- Authorization Endpoint - Please refer to the previous section to get the authorization endpoint.
- Token Endpoint - Please refer to the previous section to get the token endpoint.
- Userinfo Endpoint - Please refer to the previous section to get the user info endpoint.
- Client Id - Use the client id value from the Zitadel OAuth application.
- Client Secret - Use the client id value from the Zitadel OAuth application.
- Enable User Account Creation - Enable this if you want to automatically create a new user if the account is not yet available.
- User data - Map the following claim to get the proper user information.
- Email - email